[Job posted on february 23th 2016 by Nuance Communications]
TTS Voice Developer
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Shanghai, China
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Title: TTS Voice Developer
Job Rank: Other; TTS Voice Developer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
Chinese, Yue (yue)
Leading and handling all kind of processing of Chinese languages related text,
corpus, speech data etc.
– Casting and coaching of Voice Talents; recording monitoring.
– Designing text corpora for recording and testing
– Processing speech data for text-to-speech speech data bases
– Building and testing text-to-speech voices
– Managing all technical aspects of a TTS voice development
– Supporting our professional services teams and contributing to customer
– Assisting senior team members in research tasks.
– Contributing to the improvement, design, implementation, evaluation and
optimization of voice development tools and processes
– Experience with acoustic phonetics is recommended.
– Experience in text-to-speech voice development is a strong asset.
– Working in a Windows environment comes naturally to you.
– Programming skills are a plus. Basic experience with scripting languages
like Perl or Python is a requirement
– A creative project leader and a team player, you are willing to take
initiative and goal oriented.
– A strong sense of precision and quality in your daily job.
– Fluent in English and you can write high quality documentation.
Education: MSc or PhD degree in philology, phonetics, computational
linguistics or another relevant field.
Application Deadline: 31-May-2016 (Open until filled)