[Job posted on september 9th 2015 by Lionbridge on Linguist List]
University or Organization: Lionbridge
Job Location: Aachen, Germany
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com
Job Title: Knowledge Engineer: German
Job Rank: Knowledge Engineer; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Pragmatics; Semantics
Required Language(s): German (deu)
– Native language: German (de-DE)
– Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computational Linguistics, or other Language Technology related area as well as in Computer science and SW Engineering is a must
– Some experience of computer programming (Python, xml, Regular Expression, etc.)
– Strong linguistic comprehension
– Interest in Q&A, semantics and related areas is a plus
– Ability to learn a wide range of skills, for example demonstrated by a joint degree or broad range of subject choices earlier in your education.
– Available to spend significant time in the UK while training
– Ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills and to contribute to the development of high-quality products.
– Comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines
– Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
Specific responsibilities will include (but not limited to)
– Expanding and maintaining the system’s ability to translate questions and answers between natural language and the system’s internal representation and vice versa.
– Representing real-world objects and concepts in ways that both computers and people can understand.
– Working to maintain the quality of the knowledge already in the system.
– Expanding the capabilities of the platform to infer new knowledge.
– Working with the teams of developers and machine learning scientists to enhance the existing technology and invent new techniques.
– Working closely with teams at remote locations, particularly the UK.
Please send us your complete resume, including your availability, hourly rate wish and current location to the application email below.
Lionbridge is the leading provider of translation, development, language and testing solutions that enable clients to create, release, manage and maintain their technology applications and Web content globally.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about language technology and SW engineering, quality and delighting the customer. If you are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you!
Application Deadline: 30-Sep-2015