[Job posted on 31th august 2015 by Adecco on Linguist List]
University or Organization: Adecco Ltd. (Japan)
Department: International Sales Dept.
Job Location: Tokyo, Japan
Web Address: http://www.adecco.co.jp/
Job Title: Junior Linguist [Vietnamese]
Job Rank: Junior Linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Vietnamese (vie)
As a Junior Linguist, you will be annotating and reviewing linguistic data in Vietnamese. You will also contribute to a number of other tasks to improve natural language processing.
The tasks include:
– Annotating and reviewing linguistic data
– Labeling text with semantic, syntactic and morphological features
– Annotating lexicon entries according to guidelines
– Evaluating current system outputs
– Deriving NLP data for new and on-going projects
– Native-level speaker of Vietnamese and fluent in English
– Preferred degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics
– Experience in annotation work
– Knowledge of semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
– Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; learn in-house tools
– Keen interest in technology and computer-literate
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Attention to detail and good organizational skills
This position is temporary – up to 24 months or until the project finishes. The contract period will be between one and three months and will have to be renewed every time. The working location will be at our client’s office in Tokyo.
Please contact us for more details.
Application Deadline: 29-Feb-2016 (Open until filled)