[Job posted on 31th august 2015 by Adecco on Linguist List]
Analytic Linguistic Project
University or Organization: Adecco Ltd. (Japan)
Department: International Sales Dept.
Job Location: Tokyo, Japan
Web Address: http://www.adecco.co.jp/
Job Title: Analytic Linguistic Project Manager [Vietnamese]
Job Rank: Analytic Linguistic Project Manager; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax
Required Language(s): Vietnamese (vie)
The role of the Analytic Linguistic Project Manager is to consult with researchers of natural language understanding on creating guidelines and setting standards for a variety of NLP projects, as well as to manage the work of a team of junior linguists to achieve high quality data output.
– Training, managing and overseeing the work of a team of junior linguists
– Creating guidelines for semantic, syntactic and morphological projects
– Evaluating and analyzing data quality
– Consulting with researchers and engineers on the development of linguistic databases
– Native-level speaker of Vietnamese and fluent in English
– Master’s degree or higher in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics, specializing in semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
– Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in natural language processing
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Good organizational skills
– Previous project management and people management experience preferred
– Some programming language or previous experience working in a Linux environment a plus
This position is temporary – up to 24 months or until the project finishes. The contract period will be between one and three months and will have to be renewed every time. The working location will be at our client’s office in Tokyo.
Please contact us for more details.
Application Deadline: 29-Feb-2016 (Open until filled)