[Job posted on 27th august 2015 by Nuance on Linguist List]
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Ulm, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com/index.htm
Job Title: Speech Scientist
Job Rank: Other; Speech Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): German (deu)
NLU development in automotive projects, in particular:
– Analysis of customer requirements for realizing NLU on embedded platforms.
– In accordance to customer requirement analysis, specifying data needed to train NLU models.
– Collect, analyze, and process text and audio data in the target language in order to build a target language model.
– Contribute to the development of tools and procedures with the scope of optimize and simplify the activities of NLU data procurement and NLU contexts development:
– Work with application development engineers and QA teams within the scope of one or more customer projects to realize the project deliverables.
– Support our customers’ speech software teams to help them evaluate and integrate Nuance NLU technology into successful products in an efficient way.
Skills and experience required:
Number of Years of Work Experience: The candidate can be at the first work experience
We offer a competitive compensation package; including stock options, employee stock purchase plan, full health and welfare benefits and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
– Costumer focus.
– Native or near-native proficiency in German. Very good oral and written knowledge of the English language.
– Experiences in programming (particularly Python and regular expressions).
– Team player.
– Good listener and communicator, who can represent Nuance professional services at the customer’s premises or in written and oral communications with customers.
– Positive “can-do” attitude, well organized, focusing on achieving results cost-effectively.
– Ability and willingness to travel.
– Ability to work independently, including at customer premises, but always as part of the PS NLU team.
– Self-learner, with sense of initiative, and perseverance to deliver high quality work.
– Background in speech technology or language processing.
– Experience with Natural Language Understanding or statistical / semantic language modelling.
– Advanced user of Windows and Linux platforms.
– Engineering practices in design, coding, and testing.
Education: Master University degree in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Information technology or a comparable field.
Application Deadline: 30-Sep-2015