[Job posted on 24th august 2015 by Google on Linguist List]
Analytic Linguistic Project
University or Organization: Google, Inc.
Department: Natural Language Understanding
Job Location: Hanoi, Viet Nam
Job Title: Analytic Linguistic Project Manager [Vietnamese]
Job Rank: Analytic Linguistic Project Manager; Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax
Required Language(s): Vietnamese (vie)
The role of the Analytic Linguistic Project Manager is to consult with Natural Language Understanding Researchers on creating guidelines and setting standards for a variety of NLP projects as well as to manage the work of a team of junior linguists to achieve high quality data output.
– Training, managing and overseeing the work of a team of junior linguists
– Creating guidelines for semantic, syntactic and morphological projects
– Evaluating and analyzing data quality
– Consulting with researchers and engineers on the development of linguistic databases
– Native-level speaker of Vietnamese and fluent in English
– Master’s degree or higher in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics, specializing in semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
– Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in natural language processing
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Good organizational skills
– Previous project management and people management experience preferred
– Some programming language or previous experience working in a Linux environment a plus
Project duration: 6-24 months (with potential for extension)
This is not a permanent position but a full-time contract position at 40 hours per week.
Application Deadline: 23-Feb-2016 (Open until filled)