[Job posted on 24th august 2015 by Google on Linguist List]
Junior Linguist (Vietnamese)
University or Organization: Google, Inc.
Department: Natural Language Understanding
Job Location: Hanoi, Viet Nam
Job Title: Junior Linguist [Vietnamese] — several positions
Job Rank: Junior Linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Vietnamese (vie)
As a Junior Linguist, you will be annotating and reviewing linguistic data in Vietnamese. You will also contribute to a number of other tasks to improve natural language processing at Google.
The tasks include:
– Annotating and reviewing linguistic data
– Labeling text with semantic, syntactic and morphological features
– Annotating lexicon entries according to guidelines
– Evaluating current system outputs
– Deriving NLP data for new and on-going projects
– Native-level speaker of Vietnamese and fluent in English
– Preferred degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics
– Experience in annotation work
– Knowledge of semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
– Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; learn in-house tools
– Keen interest in technology and computer-literate
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Attention to detail and good organizational skills
Project duration: 6-24 months (with potential for extension)
This is not a permanent position but a full-time contract position.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with “Junior Linguist [Vietnamese]” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 23-Feb-2016 (Open until filled)