[Job posted on august 7th 2015 by Lionbridge on Linguist List]
University or Organization: Lionbridge
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com
Job Title: Computational linguists: Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malay, Polish, Hebrew
Job Rank: Computational Linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Hebrew (heb)
– Native in the following languages: Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malay, Polish, or Hebrew
– Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computational Linguistics, or other Language Technology related area as well as in Computer science and SW Engineering is a must
– Experience in scripting languages (Python, xml, Regular Expression, Java, Shell, etc.)
– Understanding of dialogue systems and ability to solve related problems in the native language.
– Experience in Language Technology – either educational or work experience
– Experience in language tool development
– Strong linguistic comprehension
– Experience in machine learning is a plus
– Ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills and to contribute to the development of high-quality products.
– Comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines
– Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
Specific responsibilities will include
– Developing of natural language processing code specific to your language
– Providing input and suggestions towards innovating new approaches and new product features tailored to your home market
– Automating and integrating workflow from diverse systems
Relocation to Santa Clara, California for the duration of the assignment (estimation 3 months: immediate enrollment) is obligatory
Please send us your complete resume, including your availability, salary wish and current location. Kindly include any information regarding your working permit status.
Lionbridge is the leading provider of translation, development, language and testing solutions that enable clients to create, release, manage and maintain their technology applications and Web content globally.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about language technology and SW engineering, quality and delighting the customer. If you are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you!
Application Deadline: 31-Aug-2015