[Job posted on august 13th 2015 by Lionbridge]
University or Organization: Lionbridge
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com
Job Title: Analytical Linguist: Arabic (SA, UAE), Hebrew, LATAM Spanish
Job Rank: Analytical Linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
– Degree in Linguistics and/or equivalent experience
– Native language: Arabic (preferred locales Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates), Hebrew, Latin American Spanish
– Excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language (syntax, semantics, phonology, phonetics)
– Strong linguistic comprehension
– Up-to-date exposure to popular native culture and the ability to use that knowledge to inform data analysis
– Previous experience working with language data (e.g. research, analysis, translation, review)
– Experience in annotation/corpus/dictionary/terminology work is a plus
– Experience using OS X or iOS software is a plus
– Experience in software quality assurance and testing is a plus
– Language teaching experience is a plus
– Good organizational and analytical skills
– Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
– Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage priorities
An ideal candidate has experience and passion for working with language data and the ability to help create, categorize, audit, and improve lexical data.
Relocation to Santa Clara, California or Tampere, Finland for the duration of the assignment or at least for two-week training to Cupertino is mandatory.
Please send us your complete resume, including your availability, hourly rate wish and current location to the application email below. Kindly include any information regarding your working permit status.
Lionbridge is the leading provider of translation, development, language and testing solutions that enable clients to create, release, manage and maintain their technology applications and Web content globally.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about language technology and SW engineering, quality and delighting the customer. If you are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you!
Application Deadline: 30-Sep-2015