[Job posted on july 20th 2015 by Appen on Linguist List]
Muscovite Russian or Mexican
University or Organization: Appen
Job Location: , USA
Web Address: http://www.appen.com/
Job Title: Muscovite Russian or Mexican Spanish Linguist
Job Rank: Consultant; Linguist
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Russian (rus)
Linguist – Mexican Spanish or Muscovite Russian
Work Location: United States
Appen is a language technology solutions and consulting firm, recognized as a global leader in the quality, range and caliber of its expertise. We are focused on helping our clients reach international markets by leveraging our expertise in over 150 languages and dialects. Our clients are among the world’s top internet search engine and voice recognition providers. For more information come see us at http://www.appen.com.
We are looking for 2 skilled linguists for both Mexican Spanish and Muscovite Russian to help evaluate voice recordings and work with the voice talents onsite, at the client’s facility in the San Francisco area. Candidates must be native speakers and have current knowledge of the spoken language and the specific variety.
Location: Client’s facility, San Francisco Area. Possibility of reimbursement for travel and accommodation expenses for candidates not already in the San Francisco area. Must be legally allowed to work in the US
Start date: August
Hours: 16 hours per week (4 hrs per days, 4 days a week)
Length: 12-14 weeks
– Evaluate voice recordings
– Work closely with voice talents onsite
– BA Degree or higher in Linguistics.
– Native fluency in one of the above languages; professional proficiency in English.
– Excellent knowledge of spoken target language usage.
– Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
– Able to work onsite in San Francisco area.
– Experience working with audio data/localization.
Application Deadline: 31-Aug-2015