[Job posted on july 24th 2015 by Google]
Junior Linguist [Arabic]
University or Organization: Google, Inc.
Department: Natural Language Understanding
Job Location: , USA
Job Title: Junior Linguist [Arabic]
Job Rank: Junior Linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Arabic, Egyptian (arz)
As a Junior Linguist, you will be annotating and reviewing linguistic data in Arabic. You will also contribute to a number of other tasks to improve natural language processing at Google.
The tasks include:
– Reviewing and annotating linguistic data
– Labeling text for semantic, syntactic and morphological characteristics
– Annotating lexical entries according to guidelines
– Deriving NLP data for new and on-going projects
– Native-level speaker of Arabic (familiarity with Egyptian Dialect required) and fluent in English
– Degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics or similar, with knowledge of semantics, syntax, morphology, phonology and/or lexicography
– Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; learn in-house tools
– Keen interest in technology and computer applications
– Should have an interest in natural language processing, linguistics, linguistic resources
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Attention to detail and good organizational skills
– Ability to work independently from home with reliable internet connectivity
This is not a permanent position, but a full-time contract position. Work will be done from home, but Junior Linguists should be able to come to Google New York Office for training and intermediary meetings.
Project duration: 12 months (with potential for extension)
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (in PDF format) with “Junior Linguists [Arabic]” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 24-Jan-2016 (Open until filled)