[Job posted on july 14th 2015 by Infogain Corporation on Linguist List]
Language Solutions Consultant
University or Organization: Infogain Corporation
Department: High Tech
Job Location: , USA
Web Address: http://www.infogain.com
Job Title: Language Solutions Consultant
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
This is an entry level position for a language solutions consultant in our High Tech department. One post has been filled and we are looking for an additional candidate to join the team.
Infogain’s Consulting is involved in business consulting, process design work and the application of technologies to business. We need people who are able to challenge conventional thought, offer unique perspectives and conceive more innovative solutions for our clients.
Consultants are professionals who have an interest in how business processes work and interact. In addition, consultants need to apply their skills in project and program management while exhibiting leadership in process re-engineering and implementation of process, technology, and organizational change. Finally, consultants also need to have a working knowledge of the industry and/or the functional areas they serve.
The High Tech group offers a range of delivery services including enterprise solutions, system integration, technical architectures, business intelligence, infrastructure consulting, and technology research/development.
Our High Tech consultants can expect to:
– Work with cutting edge technology
– Deliver high-quality solutions across multiple industries
– Work on a variety of projects ranging in both size and scope
– Gain rapid career progression
This entry level position involves working with Oracle Knowledge software package including Enterprise search, Content Management system, Analytics and other tools. The Language Solutions Consultant will learn to configure and operate the suite of Oracle knowledge tools and apply that knowledge in client implementation. The Language Consultant will lead the design and the implementation of the tools, interact directly with customers about the technologies, develop and deliver presentations, training materials, and documentation related to the project/implementation, and work with team members across the world.
This is a hybrid role that walks a fine line between engineering the natural language search engine, and software consultation. So the ideal candidate should be comfortable wearing both the engineer and the consultant’s hat.
– Understanding of taxonomies and ontologies
– Working knowledge of regular expressions
– Willingness to travel
– Bachelor’s Degree is required
– Good verbal and presentation skills
– Ability to work as part of the team
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
– Very strong Analytical skills
– Linguistics background (Computational Linguistics a plus)
– Knowledge of foreign languages
– Regular expressions or programming skills
– Business Analysis and BI
– Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
– Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
– Desire to work in an information systems environment
– Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Application Deadline: 13-Jan-2016 (Open until filled)