[Job posted on july 7th 2015 by Lionbridge on Linguist List]
Project Managers NLP
University or Organization: Lionbridge Inc.
Job Location: Pirkanmaa, Finland
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com
Job Title: Project Managers, Natural Language Services
Job Rank: Manager; Project Managers, Natural Language Services
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
We are looking for full-time Project Managers (one temporary, one permanent) to manage complex natural language processing related projects based in our office in Tampere, Finland.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about language, quality and delighting the customer!
If you are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you, please complete your application!
A suitable candidate has relevant educational background and proven experience in managing client relationships. She/he is able to lead projects successfully in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
Our candidate is passionate about language, quality and delighting the customer!
– Manage an effective business relationship with clients
– Manage multiple projects simultaneously
– Create project quotes and proposals, prepare and plan projects
– Manage all aspects of an NLP project in different phases – budgeting, planning, execution, closing – including change and risk management
– Develop and implement policies and procedures, manage operating plans and project resourcing
– Implement creative solutions for new and ongoing projects
– Raise and manage issues/risks relating to project
– Ensure that the project is delivered according to the plan and the service quality goals
– Work together with global team members from various functions across multiple time zones, lead cloud-based teams of linguists and other experts
– Must have BA or MA in computational linguistics/linguistics, information science coupled with NLP, or other related field
– Experience in projects within Natural Language Processing and Computational Linguistics
– Experience in project management in similar roles having budget, quality and client satisfaction responsibility
– Interdisciplinary understanding of e.g. NLP, multilingual SW development and testing, globalization/internationalization/localization, user assistance and human technology interaction
– Knowledge of scripting (e.g. Perl, Python); ability to utilize office and collaboration applications to develop and design presentations, documentation, trainings as well as solutions to track other operational information and activities
– Ability to work effectively within all levels of the organization utilizing established processes and systems
– Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build virtual relationships across continents
– Ability to take initiative, manage oneself and work independently with minimal management direction
– Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
– A strong desire to learn
– Comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines
– Excellent skills to work in a multicultural team
– Able to relocate to Tampere, Finland. Duration of the temporary assignment: 5- 6 months
Please complete your application:
Temporary Project Manager: Go to the application website below and select Requisition #: GLT13539
Permanent Project Manager: Go to the application website below and select Requisition #: GLT13509
Please complete all the details, including your availability and salary wish.
We only consider applications written in English. Applicants are invited to interviews based on their applications.
Application Deadline: 18-Jul-2015 (Open until filled)