[Job posted on june 20th 2015 by Google on Linguist List]
Analytic Linguistic Project
University or Organization: Google, Inc.
Department: Natural Language Understanding
Job Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Job Title: Analytic Linguistic Project Manager [Czech]
Job Rank: Analytic Linguistic Project Manager; Manager; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax
Required Language(s): Czech (ces)
The role of the Analytic Linguistic Project Manager is to consult with Natural
Language Understanding Researchers on creating guidelines and setting
standards for a variety of NLP projects as well as to manage the work of a
team of junior linguists to achieve high quality data output.
– Training, managing and overseeing the work of a team of junior linguists
– Creating guidelines for semantic, syntactic and morphological projects
– Evaluating and analyzing data quality
– Consulting with researchers and engineers on the development of linguistic
– Native-level speaker of Czech and fluent in English
– Master’s degree or higher in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics with
experience in semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
– Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in
natural language processing
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Good organizational skills
– Previous project management and people management experience
– Some programming language or previous experience working in a Linux
environment is a plus
Project duration: 6-12 months (with potential for extension)
This is not a permanent position but a full-time contract position.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English
(PDF format preferred) with “Analytic Linguistic Project Manager [Czech]” in
the subject line.
Application Deadline: 19-Jul-2015 (Open until filled)