[Job posted on june 24th 2015 by Artificial Solutions]
Italian Technical Linguist for
Artificial Solutions, leading specialist in Natural Language Interaction (NLI), is looking for an Italian native speaking Technical Linguist to join our international Professional Services team in Barcelona.
If you are a linguist specialist with affinity to technology, we would like to hear from you.
You have a real passion for languages and a pragmatic approach to problem solving. You understand the structure of languages and you will focus on build, maintain and develop knowledge-based systems, in domains such as artificial intelligence, databases, expert systems, and natural language processing systems.
You will work together with an international team of Knowledge Engineers, Project Managers and Technical Consultants, following an agile project methodology and using English as the daily working language.
The position will focus upon:
- Working with the Italian grammar (morphology, syntax and semantic aspects) to create dictionaries, grammars and ontologies in Italian for our NLI (Natural Language Interaction) solutions, based on the project specifications.
- Design, build, and test knowledge and NLI solutions based on functional knowledge specifications
- Collaborating with the other team members (Computational Linguists, Technical Consultants, Project Management Team) in defining improvements of the process, tools and workflows related to the project.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Translations, General Linguistics, Applied Linguistic, Language Technologies or similar.
- Knowledge of Morphology, Lexicology, Formal syntax, Formal semantics
- Basic knowledge of programming languages such as Prolog, Groovy o Java will be a PLUS
- Native or near native Italian
- Fluent English
- Spanish will be a plus
Personal Skills and Abilities:
- Strong logical and analytical skills, being able to deal with complex and abstract concepts.
- Professional attitude, detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to combine multiple task and projects.
- Enthusiastic about Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Interaction solutions
What we Offer:
- 3 months contract either as a short term employee or as a contractor ( free-lance)
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to work in the red-hot sector of Natural Language Interaction and Artificial Intelligence
- Full training in our Teneo platform and continuous learning in a dynamic international company
- Outgoing, flexible and multicultural work environment.
Please send us your CV in English to email@example.com