[Job posted on june 9th 2015 by Google on Linguist List]
Analytic Linguistic Project
University or Organization: Google, Inc.
Department: Natural Language Understanding
Job Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Job Title: Analytic Linguistic Project Manager [Vietnamese]
Job Rank: Analytic Linguistic Project Manager; Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Vietnamese (vie)
The role of the Analytic Linguistic Project Manager is to consult with Natural
Language Understanding Researchers on creating guidelines and setting
standards for a variety of NLP projects as well as to manage the work of a
team of junior linguists to achieve high quality data output.
– Training, managing and overseeing the work of a team of junior linguists
– Creating guidelines for semantic, syntactic and morphological projects
– Evaluating and analyzing data quality
– Consulting with researchers and engineers on the development of linguistic
– Native-level speaker of Vietnamese and fluent in English
– Master’s degree or higher in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics,
specializing in semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
– Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in
natural language processing
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Good organizational skills
– Previous project management and people management experience preferred
– Some programming language or previous experience working in a Linux
environment a plus
Project duration: 6-24 months (with potential for extension)
This is not a permanent position but a full-time contract position at 40 hours
The successful candidate will commute to the office in Bangkok, Thailand.
Relocation or transport expenses will not be covered.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English
(PDF format preferred) with “Analytic Linguistic Project Manager [Vietnamese]”
in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2015 (Open until filled)