[Job posted on june 10th 2015 by Artificial Solutions on Linguist List]
Dutch Technical Linguist
University or Organization: Artificial Solutions
Department: Professional Services
Job Location: Utrecht, Netherlands or Barcelona, Spain
Web Address: http://www.artificial-solutions.com
Job Title: Dutch Technical Linguist (3 months contract)
Job Rank: Other; Technical Linguist/Knowledge Engineer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Dutch (nld)
Artificial Solutions, leading specialist in Natural Language Interaction
(NLI), is looking for a native Dutch speaking Technical Linguist to join our
international Professional Service team either in Barcelona or in Utrecht.
If you are a linguistic specialist with an affinity for technology, we would
like to hear from you.
You have a real passion for languages and a pragmatic approach to problem
solving. You understand the structure of languages and you will focus on
building, maintaining and developing knowledge-based systems, in domains such
as artificial intelligence, databases, expert systems, and natural language
You will work together with an international team of Knowledge Engineers,
Project Managers and Technical Consultants, following an agile project
methodology using English as the daily working language.
The position will focus upon:
– Working with the Dutch grammar (morphology, syntax and semantic aspects) to
create dictionaries, grammars and ontologies in Dutch for our NLI (Natural
Language Interaction) solutions, based on the project specifications.
– Design, build, and test knowledge and NLI solutions based on functional
– Collaborating with the other team members (Computational Linguists,
Developers, Project Management Team) in defining improvements of the process,
tools and workflows related to the project.
Knowledge and Experience
– Degree in Translations, General Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, Language
Technologies or similar
– Knowledge of Morphology, Lexicology, Formal syntax, Formal semantics
– Basic knowledge of programming languages such as Prolog, Groovy or Java will
be a plus
– Fluent Dutch
– Fluent English
– French or German will be a plus
Personal Skills and Abilities:
– Strong logical and analytical skills, being able to deal with complex and
– Professional attitude, detail-oriented and organized.
– Ability to combine multiple task and projects.
– Enthusiastic about Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence and
Natural Language Interaction solutions
What we Offer:
– 3 months contract either as a short term employee or as a contractor
– Competitive salary
– The opportunity to work in the red-hot sector of Natural Language
Interaction and Artificial Intelligence
– Full training in our Teneo platform and continuous learning in a dynamic
– Outgoing, flexible and multicultural work environment.
Application Deadline: 10-Jul-2015
Email Address for Applications: email@example.com
Web Address for Applications: http://www.artificial-solutions.com/about-artificial-solutions/careers/
HR Generalist Francesca Sciarra