[Job posted on february 15th 2015 by Amazon on Linguist List]
Annotation Program Manager
University or Organization: Amazon.com Inc.
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.amazon.jobs/jobs/307060/annotation-program-manager
Job Title: Annotation Program Manager
Job Rank: Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device, the #1 best-selling product
on all of Amazon, and one of the most innovative and fast growing businesses
at Amazon. Amazon has also developed significant digital and mobile businesses
including Amazon MP3, Amazon Video on Demand, IMDB, Amazon Mobile store, and
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager to drive a component of our
speech and language technology effort. The candidate will provide leadership,
technical expertise and direction specifically for language annotation
deliverables. Candidate must have a passion for the customer and be capable of
delivering high quality under aggressive time constraints. Specifically, the
Program Manager will:
– Provide hands-on language annotation and fine-tuning of internal standards.
– Partner with teammates on overall annotation strategy, and prioritization.
– Continuously evaluate and drive internal tools and processes ensuring they
are efficient, sustainable and deliver high quality.
– Build an efficient and scalable annotation team.
– Provide technical support and training to annotation team members.
– Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
To be in consideration for this role you must possess:
– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
– Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
– Two years of working with speech or language data.
– Strong language and organizational skills
– Excellent communication skills and experience working with technical teams,
and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop
processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
– The ability to generate and communicate meaningful metrics.
– Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work
– Computational linguistics or speech processing background preferred
– Excellent knowledge of annotation systems and processes
– Experience leading cross-functional groups and managing deliverables from
inside as well as outside the organization
– 3+ years of annotation and/or language processing experience
– Experience with natural language processing or machine learning
Application Deadline: 30-Apr-2015 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: http://www.amazon.jobs/jobs/307060/annotation-program-manager