[Job posted on february 7th 2015 by Acapela Group on Linguist List]
University or Organization: Acapela Group, Sweden
Job Location: Stockholm, Sweden (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://acapela-group.com
Job Title: Norwegian linguist
Job Rank: Consultant; Norwegian linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Norwegian Bokmål (nob)
The job is to work on improvement of Acapela’s Norwegian (bokmål)
text-to-speech and creating new voices.
– Improvement of existing Norwegian text processing, including work on part of
– Domain adaptation of text processing, including work on pronunciation
– Speaker evaluation.
– Creation and proof reading of recording manuscript.
– Monitoring of studio recording with professional speaker.
– Processing of recorded speech.
– Quality test of text-to-speech.
All tasks are performed together with other Acapela staff. Applicants do not
need to know the tools and methods in advance. The primary requirement is
Norwegian linguistics and applicants should have native knowledge of the
Period: March – September 2015
The linguist does not have to be on site in Stockholm for the complete period,
but needs to be so in shorter periods, especially in the beginning. Studio
recordings may be in Stockholm or in Norway. Depending on the situation and
background of applying candidates, the period and the number of work hours
can be adapted. Full time March-September is not needed.
Application Deadline: 31-Mar-2015
Email Address for Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Manager, Computational Linguist Charlotta Jagt