[Job posted on January 23th 2015 by Artificial Solution]
with Technical skills
You have deep linguistic knowledge of the Russian language, its morphological rules and syntactic structure, as well as its every-day usage. You can convert that knowledge into structured rules and descriptions for automated processing. Experience and skills related to Information and Communication Technologies and/or Natural-Language Processing (e.g. scripting or software development skills applied to language) are a plus. You can use English as the main working language and would like to be part of an international team stretching across several countries. You are open to work with an agile development methodology.
The position will focus upon
- Working with the Russian grammar (morphology, syntax and semantic aspects) to create dictionaries, grammars and ontologies in Portuguese for our NLI (Natural Language Interaction) solutions, based on the project specifications.
- Design, build, and test knowledge and NLI solutions based on functional knowledge specifications
- Collaborating with the other team members (Computational Linguists, Developers, Project Management Team) in defining improvements of the process, tools and workflows related to the project.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Undergraduate or graduated or through working experience acquired knowledge in Applied Linguistics, Language Technologies, Computational Linguistics or similar.
Additional Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Groovy, Python, Perl).
- Knowledge of Morphology, Lexicology, Pragmatics.
- Understanding of Statistics (preferably applied to natural language analysis) / Mathematics is a plus
- Proficient Russian with fluent English.
- Any additional languages are a strong plus.
Personal Skills and Abilities
- Logical and analytical skills, being able to deal with complex and abstract concepts.
- Professional attitude, detail-oriented and organized, able to follow a plan.
- Ability to work well both alone and within a larger multi-functional team.
- Enthusiastic about Computational Linguistics and Natural Language solutions.
What we Offer
- Competitive base salary plus interesting package
- Full structured trainings on our Teneo platform.
- The opportunity to work in the red-hot sector of Natural Language Interaction and Artificial Intelligence.
- Outgoing, flexible and fun-work environment, in a dynamic international growing company.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org