[Job posted on January 20th 2015 on mployability]
|Location||Home-based (telecommute), United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||January 16, 2015|
|Category||Natural Language Technology|
Leading technology & consulting company in the content analysis space seeks Computational Linguist to own the development of a unique NLP system.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a strong background in Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing to work with a unique product in a growing environment. My client are an established technology and consulting firm with a strong presence in the regulatory governance and content space. Their technology is used by firms around the world to automatically retrieve information on governance and legislation in regulated industries.
We’re seeking an experienced Computational Linguist to own the further development and maintenance of their flagship, NLP-based text analysis tools. The successful candidate will work with other technical resource to continually drive improvements in accuracy and functionality, as well as supporting other areas of the business, as the resident text analysis specialist.
We’re looking for someone who:
– Has either a relevant MS/PhD in Computational Linguistics/NLP (or related) or an academic background in Computer Science and relevant work experience
– Ideally has Knowledge of C# and .Net, but otherwise experience developing systems in Java or C++ in a commercial environment
– Has knowledge of at least one other European language
– Has an understanding of Machine Learning algorithms (desirable, although don’t be put off applying if you don’t)
– Has some knowledge of modern software engineering methodology, unit testing and source code control
– Is able to explain technology to the non-technical
All enquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please contact us on the address above, or by phone to 01327 355210.
This position can be based from home, although some occasional travel to the firm’s HQ in Guildford and other locations will be required.