[Job posted on october 10th 2014 by Lionbridge on Linguist List]
University or Organization: Lionbridge Inc.
Department: Tampere, Finland
Job Location: California, USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com
Job Title: Computational linguist: Brazilian Portuguese, Greek
Job Rank: Computational Linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Greek, Modern (ell)
Lionbridge is the leading provider of translation, development, language and
testing solutions that enable clients to create, release, manage and maintain
their technology applications and Web content globally.
We are looking for new language technology talents to work on various NLP
projects. Our projects require specialists in various location however
telecommuting is also possible.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about language technology and
SW engineering, quality and delighting the customer. If you are interested in
joining our team, we would love to hear from you, please complete your
– Native in Brazilian Portuguese or Greek
– Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computational Linguistics, or other Language
Technology related area as well as in Computer science and SW Engineering.
– Experience in scripting languages (Python, xml, Regular Expression, Java,
– Experience in Language Technology – either educational or work experience
– Experience in language tool development
– Strong linguistic comprehension
– Experience in machine learning is a plus
– Experience in annotation/corpus/dictionary/terminology work is a plus
– Comfortable interacting with customers, sales minded attitude
– A strong desire to learn
– Comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines
– Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
Specific responsibilities will include:
– Developing of natural language processing code specific to your language
– Providing input and suggestions towards innovating new approaches and new
product features tailored to your home market
– Automating and integrating workflow from diverse systems
*** There is a possibility to relocate to France OR California for the
duration of the assignment (estimation 4 months)
Please complete your application as soon as possible, but not later than
October 31, 2014. Please send us your complete resume, including your
availability and salary wish.
We only consider applications written in English or Finnish. Applicants are
invited to interviews based on their applications.
Application Deadline: 31-Oct-2014