NLP Data Acquisition Engineer \
Engineer in the Healthcare Research organization working on building a state of the art clinical language understanding system, by creating appropriate corpora. Major duty is to select and distribute data for annotation to internal staff, collect and analyze the annotated data and integrate this into the research pipeline.
- Main responsibility is creating and organizing large annotated clinical text corpora for training models for clinical information extraction/understanding.
- The candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end research data acquisition process which includes:
- Identify data requirements for models and research.
- Select the appropriate data from an unannotated large corpus.
- Conduct data analysis to identify and correct potential problems.
- Distribute the data to annotation staff.
- Monitor data annotation consistency during and after annotation phase.
- Convert the data to appropriate format for further research.
- The candidate will be responsible for creation and maintenance of the data acquisition and validation tools.
- 3-5 years professional development expereince.
- Excellent programming skills and at least 2 years of experience programming in Python is required
- SQL or other Database knowledge is required
- Bash/Unix scripting skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented, with exceptional communication and inter-personal skills.
- BSCS required. MSCS strongly preferred.
- Experience with collecting, creating and maintaining large corpora is a definite PLUS.
- Experience with Java or C++ is a definite PLUS.
- Experience working with speech recognition, language modeling/processing, machine translation, information extraction etc is a definite PLUS.
- Experience in medical text analytics and/or clinical information retrieval is a definite PLUS.
- Experience working with UMLS components (MeSH, Specialist etc) and/or SNOMED is a definite PLUS.
We offer a competitive compensation package; including stock options, employee stock purchase plan, 401(k), full health and welfare benefits and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf . If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Nuance Healthcare, a division of Nuance Communications, is the market leader in providing clinical understanding solutions that accurately capture and transform the patient story into meaningful, actionable information. Thousands of hospitals, providers and payers worldwide trust Nuance speech-enabled clinical documentation and analytics solutions to facilitate smarter, more efficient decisions across the healthcare enterprise. Nuance Healthcare has been recognized as “Best-in-KLAS” 2004-2011 for Speech Recognition.
APPLY NOW: http://jobs.nuance.com/burlington/nlp/jobid5836119-nlp-data-acquisition-engineer-jobs