[Jobs posted May 2nd 2014 by Appen on LinguistList]
University or Organization: Appen Inc.
Job Location: Seattle, Washington, USA
Web Address: http://www.appen.com/
Job Title: French Linguist
Job Rank: Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics
Required Language(s): French (fra)
Appen is seeking a French linguist to help with the development of natural language understanding and dialoguing technology. The ideal candidate is a native speaker of French (France) with a strong background in Linguistics and has knowledge of other languages in the following language list: Italian, Spanish, German, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese. Experience in programming and/or script writing preferred.
Applicants Must Be Located in the Seattle, Washington area to be considered.
Location: Onsite at Microsoft campus in Bellevue
Hours: Average time commitment will be 40 hours per week
Length: mid May to mid June with possibility of extension
– Main responsibilities include supporting the development and globalizability of the client’s technology for a personal assistant application
– B.A. degree or higher in Linguistics, or related field
– Native or near-native knowledge of French (France)
– Excellent communication skills in English
– Solid knowledge in syntax and morphology
– Strong analytical and logical thinking skills
– Strong computer skills and greater than average comfort with software and technology are expected.
– Experience in programming and/or script writing strongly preferred
– You will be required to sign a legally binding non-disclosure agreement at the time of contract negotiation.
– We offer a competitive, hourly pay rate DOE (to be paid as 1099 self-employment income).
Apply directly at the application website below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://erec.appen.com/sap/bc/erecruiting/posting_apply?param=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDA1MDU2ODA3Qjk5MUVEM0I0OUE4NTA5ODY1NzVGMzkmY2FuZF90eXBlPQ%3d%3d&sap-client=300