[Jobs posted on April 28th 2014 by Decision Resources Group]
Lead Ontology Developer
We are seeking a Lead Ontology Developer to develop and build a central governance platform for storing and managing a wide range of ontology/ taxonomy domains. Access to ontology/taxonomic resources will be service-based from both customer-facing and internal products. This ontology project will eventually form the basis of advanced knowledge representation efforts and the delivery of knowledge-based products at Decision Resources Group.
The Lead Ontology Developer will be responsible for the technical architecture, design and implementation of concept-based ontologies that can support multiple taxonomic views of varied and complex structure across several health-related domains including; organization, geography, person, drug, disease, etc.
- Design and execution of ontology platform
- Collaborate with solution leaders and technology development teams to manage priorities, communicate timelines, and champion overall platform vision
- Consult with solution leaders/business analysts and other stakeholders to ensure that business priorities are clearly defined
- Liaise with and provide guidance to any local and/or off-shore development resources
- Manage platform roadmap plans that show key releases and milestones, working with key stakeholders to deliver on time and within budget
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience developing or maintaining ontologies/taxonomies
- Expertise in Java and/or Python
- Experience with service-based architectures
- Working understanding of RDF and/or other semantic tools
- Experience with UMLS, Protégé or other rich ontologies or ontology tools or systems
- Up to 10% of travel to remote office sites may be required