[Jobs posted on April 29th 2014 by Marchex]
Principal Program Manager
Seattle, WA, United States
Marchex is a leading mobile and online advertising company bridging the online world with the real world. We connect millions of consumers with businesses over the phone, deliver the most quality phone calls in the industry, and provide in-depth analysis of those phone calls.
About the Role
Are you passionate about machine learning, natural language processing, speech recognition, digital signal processing, and/or voice over IP (VoIP)? Do you love inventing, designing, building, and shipping cutting edge innovative products? Can you lead an engineering team from project definition through release? If so you may be the perfect fit for a program management position at Marchex.
The Marchex Call Services team is looking for an exceptional program manager to lead our Call Intelligence and Call Experience platforms. In this role you will take cutting edge products from inception to release and help Marchex in its continued mission to lead the advertising and call tracking industry.
- Responsible for scoping and driving continuous enhancements to the functionality, systems and processes of the platform, helping define clear business, technical requirements and use cases for the development team
- Help prioritize the product development roadmap, working in partnership with development managers, product managers, and operational engineers; balancing the business need with technology infrastructure essentials and long term architectural goals
- Work with the development team to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, and clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and clients
- Work with the product managers to launch these initiatives and provide ongoing technical support and release documentation as needed, as well as provide benchmark metrics for performance analysis
- Be the primary point for feedback for future enhancements; develop demos, sample and technical collateral/documentation as required
- Constantly facilitating conversations with business and engineering teams to groom and improve the effectiveness of the work in the backlog.
- Facilitate new product and business opportunities and pilots
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent professional experience
- You have launched an online product before OR launched high impact technology products before
- You have a proven track record of delivering large scale, cross functional software projects
- You have demonstrated technical aptitude and experience, coupled with the ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- You have exceptional communication skills, in particular the ability to summarize and convey complex technology concepts to a non-technical audience, coupled with ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise is required
- Desire to join a highly motivated, highly collaborative, fast-paced work environment, focused on agile development and continual improvement (both individually and as a team).
Nice to Haves (But not required):
- Knowledge of VoIP technology and protocols (SIP, RTP, Freeswitch, Asterisk, etc)
- Knowledge of speech recognition algorithms and technology (Sphinx, Nuance, etc)
- Knowledge of audio signal processing algorithms and technology
- Knowledge of natural language processing or computational linguistiques