[Jobs posted on April 30th 2014 by Google]
Machine Translation Engineer
Google is a universally recognized name. The Localization team helps Google’s ideas and products look, feel and sound natural to users in their own countries. We collaborate with international Engineering, Product and Marketing teams to steer products through the localization process and ensure successful launches across the globe. Our team is an international collection of enthusiastic, creative and knowledgeable people who excel in a fast-paced, culturally diverse environment. You are an excellent communicator who plays a strategic role by building relationships with partner teams to establish needs, deadlines and budgets. You will flex your project management skills in order to ensure that our Localization process runs effectively and efficiently.
As Machine Translation Engineer for Localization, you are at the forefront of making Google products truly global. As a member of the team, you utilize your superior technical aptitude and deep understanding of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing to create the best Machine Translation solutions to address Google Localization business needs. You collaboratively work in cross functional teams to define a new technology framework, persuasively communicate your architectural recommendations to stakeholders, and build, deploy, maintain, and own machine translation solutions for Localization. You are entrepreneurial, detail-oriented, comfortable working in a very dynamic environment, and have a desire to work with Machine Translation technology.
- Develop and execute strategies to deploy machine translation solutions for Google Localization.
- Collect and analyze data to measure engine performance, quality of the outputs, and other KPIs, and draw insights for improvement.
- Build consensus by facilitating broad collaboration with clear communication and documentation.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to gather requirements, manage implementation, and drive delivery of projects.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge in one or more of: C, C++, Java, Python.
- 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
- Extensive experience on training and deploying statistical Machine Translation engines.
- Working familiarity of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.