[Jobs posted on April 25th 2014 by Apple]
Software Engineer, Natural
- Job Number: 32822541
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 25-avr.-2014
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Apple’s Natural Languages Group is responsible for a wide range of natural language processing and data, including auto correction, spellchecking, parts-of-speech tagging, input method conversion, and other technologies that incorporate natural-language information.
- Knowledge of natural-language processing techniques
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science
- Good algorithmic knowledge of machine learning, symbol sequence processing and statistical pattern recognition
- Experience writing and debugging software
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Desired Experience:
- Knowledge of multiple languages or language families for example Arabic, Dravidian, Altaic, Indo-European
- Programming experience with C++, Objective C or similar object oriented languages
- Programming experience with Python or similar language.
- Experience working on text input methods and auto correction
The Natural Languages Group is looking for an engineer to develop and apply algorithms and data in these areas. This involves application of bleeding edge machine learning and statistical pattern recognition on large text corpora. The position will involve all aspects of the use of natural-language processing in software, including functionality, algorithms, correctness, user experience, and performance, on both iOS and OS X.
MSc or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent