[Jobs posted on April 16th 2014 by Experis on LN List]
Statistical Machine Translation
Top of Form
I allow myself to use this network of experts in the field of machine
translation as part of a large project of machine translation at the
European Commission in Luxembourg that has started 3,5 years ago.
Now that the project is running well and is gaining respectability, they
would like to hire an additional computational linguist in order to
sustain the growth of their activities.
Please find below a brief description of the position:
Bottom of Form
– PhD or MSc/Diploma in computational linguistics or computer science
with excellent knowledge of machine translation (MT) and/or machine
learning for natural language processing.
– Familiarity with recent developments in SMT and the motivation to
apply novel approaches emanating from ongoing research to practical
translation tasks in many languages and to systematically evaluate
– Ability to write scientific papers and technical documents in English.
– Open-mindedness and the will to collaborate closely within an
international, multidisciplinary team, motivation to work with a
multilingual user community.
– Experience in designing and running large-scale experiments, including
the necessary skills to manage large data sets and long-running
experiments in a distributed computational environment would be highly
desirable, interest in developing such skills is mandatory.
– Experience with both statistical and grammar-based approaches to MT
would be highly desirable.
– Programming skills in languages like Perl, Python, C, or C++ would be
a strong plus.
– Good oral and written command of English is required; familiarity with
additional EU languages (preferably Eastern/Northern European) would
be a strong plus.
– Job location: Luxembourg
If you are interested by this position, do not hesitate to provide me
with your resume and /or your availabilities for a first phone
If you are not interested, it would be very helpful to forward this
opportunity to persons that might be.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Experis IT Luxembourg
Rue de l’industrie 20
T: +352 27 39 51 03 21
F: +352 27 39 51 03 24
M: +352 661 209 107