[Jobs posted on March 28th 2014 by Ivona Software on LinguistList]
University or Organization: Ivona Software, an Amazon Company
Department: Development Center Gdynia
Job Location: Gdynia/Gdańsk, Poland
Web Address: http://www.ivona.com
Job Title: Computational Linguist – US English
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; NLP, TTS, ASR, Data Mining
Required Language(s): English (eng)
As a Computational Linguist for English you will work alongside Software Developers who are subject matter experts in speech synthesis and related fields to define and fulfill linguistic data needs. You will be working on tasks to improve natural language processing of TTS. You will help Software Developer with linguistic expertise throughout the whole language and voice building process at Ivona.
Project duration: 6-12 months with potential for extension and/or change of position character from temporary to permanent. You will have the opportunity to take part in exciting, innovative projects of very large impact.
The tasks include:
– Annotating and reviewing linguistic data,
– Generating NLP data,
– Creating test cases for natural language processing modules,
– Labeling text with semantic, syntactic and morphological features,
– Annotating lexicon entries according to guidelines.
– Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
– Native speaker of US English,
– Solid communication skills,
– Degree in Computational Linguistics, Linguistics, or similar relevant,
– Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies related to foreign languages, linguistics, phonetics and language technology,
– Strong personal interest in language technology,
– Comfort with multiple computing platforms (Unix, Mac, Windows),
– Knowledge of scripting languages (Perl, Python), regular expressions
– Attention to details and good organizational skills.
This position is based at the IVONA Software headquarters in Gdynia, Poland.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +48 693212213