[Jobs posted on march 16th 2014 by Ivona on linguistlist]
Linguistic Data Manager
University or Organization: Ivona Software, an Amazon Company
Department: Development Center Gdynia
Job Location: Gdynia/Gdańsk, Poland
Web Address: http://www.ivona.com
Job Title: Linguistic Data Manager
Job Rank: Manager; Project Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; NLP, TTS, ASR, Data mining
IVONA Software researches, develops and delivers cutting edge multi-language Text to Speech technology, leading in voice quality, accuracy and ease of use. We are a team of creative people who successfully combine passion and ambition in creating one of the best speech synthesizers in the world. We are constantly expanding our market reach and our voice and language portfolio.
This position is based at the IVONA headquarters in Gdynia, Poland.
As a Linguistic Data Manager you will work alongside Software Developers who are subject matter experts in speech synthesis and related fields to define and fulfill linguistic data needs. You will lead linguistic data management across the team. You will oversee data specifications and requirements guidelines in collaboration with business and technical stakeholders. You will collaborate with the infrastructure team to define and evaluate tools for managing linguistic data (e.g., third-party annotation tools) You will work with legal department to ensure compliance with data copyrights and licenses. You will hire and manage part-time multilingual staff of linguistics consultants, including use of crowdsourcing (e.g., Amazon Mechanical Turk) Qualifications.
As a Linguistic Data Manager you will be responsible for the quality of the language-related resources needed for TTS development.
Desired Skills and Experience
We offer for a Linguistic Data Manager:
– Positive and friendly atmosphere within an ambitious and professional team, developing some of the most innovative projects in the world,
– Independence in carrying out tasks,
– Opportunity to develop a career in a reputable and dynamic company with global reach,
– Attractive and stable conditions of employment,
– Opportunity to work with all areas of the company.
– Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a language related discipline (e.g., linguistics, specific languages).
– 3-5 years related experience in managing projects.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Excellent organizational skills.
– Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies related to foreign languages, linguistics and phonetics.
– Comfort with statistical measurements of data quality. Ability to generate and communicate meaningful metrics.
– Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
– Ability to prioritize responsibilities and manage time effectively.
– Basic knowledge of software development life-cycle
– Text-to-Speech technology background.
– Experience with crowd-sourced testing.
– Experience with managing data-collection projects
– Familiarity with scripting languages (Perl, Python).
– Familiarity with version control systems.
– Knowledge of regular expressions.
– Experience in people management
– Knowledge of any of the following languages: Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, Hindi
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)