[Jobs posted on march 14th 2014 by Google on linguistlist]
University or Organization: Google, Inc.
Job Location: New York, USA
Job Title: Junior Linguists [Russian] — several positions
Job Rank: Junior Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Natural Language Processing
Required Language(s): Russian (rus)
As a Junior Linguist, you will be annotating and reviewing linguistic data in Russian. You will also contribute to a number of other tasks to improve natural language processing at Google.
The tasks include:
– Annotating and reviewing linguistic data
– Labeling text with semantic, syntactic and morphological features
– Annotating lexicon entries according to guidelines
– Deriving NLP data for new and on-going projects
– Degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics or similar, with knowledge of semantics, syntax, morphology and/or lexicography
– Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; learn in-house tools
– Keen interest in technology and computer-literate
– Should have an interest in natural language processing, linguistics, linguistic resources
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Attention to detail and good organizational skills
– Ability to work independently from home with reliable internet connectivity
Native-level speaker of Russian and fluent in English
There are five full-time contract positions available, at 40 hours per week for a period of 12 months. You will be mostly working from home, but in close proximity to our office in New York for training and subsequent intermediary meetings.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and a cover letter in English (in PDF format) with Junior Linguists [Russian] in the CV title.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)