[Jobs posted on february 27 2014 on linguistlist by Google]
University or Organization: Google, Inc.
Department: Natural Language Understanding
Job Location: Munich, Germany
Job Title: Junior Linguists [German] — several positions
Job Rank: Junior Linguists
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Natural Language Processing
Required Language(s): German (deu)
As a Junior Linguist, you will be annotating and reviewing linguistic data in German. You will also contribute to a number of other tasks to improve natural language processing at Google.
There are five full-time contract positions available, at 40 hours per week for a period of 12 months. You will be mostly working from home, but in close proximity to our office in Munich for training and subsequent intermediary meetings.
The tasks include:
– Annotating and reviewing linguistic data;
– Labeling text with semantic, syntactic and morphological features;
– Annotating lexicon entries according to guidelines;
– Deriving NLP data for new and on-going projects
– Native-level speaker of German and fluent in English;
– Degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics or similar, with knowledge of semantics, syntax, morphology and/or lexicography;
– Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts;
– Learn in-house tools;
– Keen interest in technology and computer-literate;
– Should have an interest in natural language processing, linguistics, linguistic resources;
– Excellent oral and written communication skills;
– Attention to detail and good organizational skills;
– Ability to work independently from home with reliable internet connectivity
Project duration: 12 months
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your CV and a cover letter in English (in PDF format) with “Junior Linguists [German]” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)