[Jobs posted on february 24 2014 on Knowsis Company]
NLP/Machine Learning Researcher
Who we are
Knowsis is a London based web intelligence company building next generation financial markets data. Our mission is to develop and market products and services that bridge the information gap between the global financial sector and the social web. We are a dynamic and experienced team, with backgrounds in both technology and finance.
We are looking for passionate engineers to join our growing team who can lead on the development of our systems’ Natural Language understanding. You will work with our team to focus on core problems in sentiment analysis, information extraction, clustering, summarisation etc. This role is also open to current MS/PhD students on a part-time/intern basis.
What we are looking for *
- MSc/PhD in Computational Linguistics/Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence or similar field
- Experience working hands-on with large-scale data sets
- Experience developing NLP grammars, parsers and machine learning algorithms
- Fluent in a programming language (preferably Python, but R, Haskell, OCaml, LISP etc are fine)
- Ability to attract additional world-class engineers & data scientists
* We know that great people can adapt and learn, so we’re not too fussed about everything on these lists!
What we offer
- The opportunity to direct research efforts in new and exciting directions
- Collaboration with an experienced team breaking new ground in FinTech
- An intellectually stimulating and relaxed working environment
- A fantastic central London location
- Generous pay
We can be flexible and work around current commitments but we’re ideally looking for someone to start immediately. You must be willing and able to work in the UK.