[Offre diffusée le 18 janvier 2014 sur la liste linguistlist par Amazon]
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Phonetics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Natural Language Processing
Amazon is seeking an experienced Data Specialist to join our data team. This role focuses on speech transcription, text annotation, and general data analysis deliverables. The Data Specialist will become an expert in the transcription and annotation processes, assist in the training and support of the data team, maintain and monitor accuracy and throughput standards, support a range of data collection efforts, and be a key member in developing new conventions and forms of markup and annotation. In addition, the Data Specialist will be asked to handle unique data analysis requests that support the overall processing of a data collection and analysis team.
The Data Specialist must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. Specifically, the Data Specialist will:
– Transcribe or annotate high priority deliverables
– Provide day-to-day expert support for a large and growing team of transcribers and annotators
– Set the standard for efficiency and accuracy among the team
– Assist in troubleshooting and resolving technical and logistical issues from the team
– Evaluate changing transcription or annotation conventions, test tooling developments, and pilot processes to support expansion to new data areas
– Continuously evaluate tools and processes and offer solutions to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable
– Handle unique data analysis requests from a range of data customers.
– Provide key support for on-going and new data collection efforts.
– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
– 2+ years experience in transcription, annotation, or data analysis
– Excellent proficiency in US English
– Comfortable working with speech from various dialects and accents
– Experience with process design and documentation.
– Experience taking a lead role on large, fast-moving projects
– Excellent communication, strong organizational skills and very detailed oriented
– Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
– Willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept reprioritization as necessary
– Must be able to think creatively and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
– Strong technical and analytical aptitude
– Experience working with speech or language data, including experience with annotation and other forms of data markup
– Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs
– Comfortable handling a high volume of work on a daily basis
– Strong attention to detail
– Exceptional level of organization
– Fluency in a foreign language a plus
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)