[Offre diffusée le 26 novembre 2013 sur la liste linguistlist par Google]
University or Organization: Google Inc.
Department: Natural Language Understanding
Job Location: Paris Area, France
Job Title: Junior Linguist [French] (Multiple positions)
Job Rank: Junior Linguist
Specialty Areas: Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; Natural Language Processing
Required Language(s): French (fra)
This is a full-time contract position. Work will be done from home, but Junior Linguists should be able to come to Google Paris Office for training and meetings.
As a Junior Linguist, you will be reviewing and annotating linguistic data and carrying out a number of tasks to improve Google’s natural language processing.
– Reviewing and annotating linguistic data
– Labeling text for semantic, syntactic and morphological characteristics
– Providing transcriptions for lexicon entries according to guidelines
– Deriving NLP data for new and on-going projects
– Native-level speaker of French and fluent in English
– Degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics with knowledge of semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
– Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in natural language processing
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– keen interest in technology and computer-literate (should feel comfortable using in-house tools and should have an interest in linguistics and linguistic resources)
– attention to detail and good organizational skills
Project Duration: 9 months (with potential for extension)
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with “Junior Linguists” [French] in the subject line.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)