Basic Qualifications – Years of Experience: 10+years
Scope of Responsibility/Expectation:
Seeking Computational Linguist with interest in speech user interface technology. Must be able to juggle multiple projects and priorities, and be very organized with strong attention to detail. Must be a fast learner interested in phonetics, phonology and technical concepts.
– Develop, tune and test speaker-independent recognition sets and speech prompts.
– Recruit and record participants for tuning and testing of speech recognition sets.
– Recruit participants for QA testing of tuned recognition sets.
– Review recognition vocabulary lexical properties and menu structure for optimal product performance.
– Provide guidance on dialogue design and recognition set makeup for optimal speech recognition success rate.
– B.A./B.S. in Linguistics required; M.A in computational Linguistics preferred or comparable experience.
– Job experience with demonstrated focus in computational linguistics required.
– Excellent understanding of phonological and phonetic concepts required.
– Ability to interpret spectrograms and transcribe in IPA required.
– Computer literate (Windows, DOS) and experience with Microsoft applications required.
– Experience using tools such as Audition, Peak, Sound Forge, or Praat preferred.
– Experience with Linux, Cygwin, C/C++, Tcl preferred.
– Knowledge of WorldBet or SAMPA preferred.
– Working knowledge of multiple foreign languages preferred.
– Some knowledge of speech recognition algorithms and/or natural language processing (NLP) a plus.
APPLY ONLINE/CANDIDATER EN LIGNE :