[Offre diffusée sur la liste linguistlist le 27 octobre 2013 par Systran]
University or Organization: SYSTRAN Software, Inc.
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.systransoft.com/
Job Title: Computational Linguist
Job Rank: Computational Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Morphology; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): Russian (rus)
We are currently seeking an experienced Russian-speaking Computational Linguist to join our R&D team in San Diego.
The ideal candidate must have a combination of research and implementation skills, including significant programming experience. Strong experience with machine learning, rule-based and statistical machine translation, part-of-speech tagging, text analytics, sentiment analysis, named entity recognition, deep learning for NLP, or a related field is highly desirable.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
– Software development
– Experimentation and analysis of experimental results
– Building systems that combine linguistics and statistical language models for machine translation covering several languages
Education and/or Experience:
– MS in Computational Linguistics or relevant field
– 3+ years work experience
– Strong background in statistical modeling required.
– Experience creating Statistical Machine Translation systems using bilingual corpora.
– A combination of research and implementation skills.
– Significant programming experience in C++.
– An exceptional individual interested in transforming the capabilities of machine translation systems.
– Fluent in English.
– Solid background in linguistics.
– Evidence of mature, flexible, and innovative approaches in previous work experience.
– Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
– Native speaker of the Russian language.
– Fluent in English
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)