[Offre diffusée sur la liste linguistlist le 16 octobre 2013 par Interactive Intelligence]
University or Organization: Interactive Intelligence
Job Location: Hyderabad, India
Job Rank: Computational Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology
The Media Group is responsible for the development of our cutting-edge internet telephony (VoIP) and media processing components. We are working on some exciting new product features related to speech recognition, speech synthesis, and speech analytics.
If you are self-motivated, driven, and have a perfectionist streak, we have an exciting opportunity for you. We are looking for an individual with the skills to do phonological analysis on a language and integrate it into speech recognition, speech synthesis, and natural language processing engines. The ability to create and fine-tune pronunciation dictionaries for transcribing large datasets is highly desirable.
Qualifications we look for:
– Strong background in phonology and computational linguistics
– Proficient in phonology and linguistics of multiple languages
– Experienced in development of language resources for speech recognition and text-to-speech technologies in several languages including English
– Strong understanding of fundamentals in acoustic phonetics – proven ability to learn the nuances of languages that you do not speak
– Proficient in the International Phonetic Alphabet for transcription of dictionaries
– In depth understanding of morphology and syntax of English and at least one other language
– Proven experience in understanding of processes and heuristics involved in automating linguistic tasks such as stress prediction, prosody prediction and syllabification
– Masters or Ph.D. in Computational Linguistics, Phonology, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or related field
Qualifications that would be a plus:
– Experience with designing and executing large-scale data collection efforts for multiple languages
– 2+ years of experience with speech recognition, text-to-speech, or natural language processing
– 2+ years of experience with data mining, pattern recognition, and machine learning techniques
This can also be filled in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Application Deadline: 16-Dec-2013