[Offre diffusée sur la liste linguistlist par Google]
University or Organization: Google, Inc
Department: Natural Language Understanding
Job Location: Multiple Locations (NYC, Mountain View (CA), Dublin, Zurich, or Istanbul)
Job Rank: Analytical Linguistic Project Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; Natural Language Processing
Required Language(s): Turkish (tur)
Analytical Linguistic Project Manager
This is a full-time contract position based in a Google office in NYC, Mountain View (CA) or a local regional office in Europe (Dublin, Zurich or Istanbul).
The role of the Analytical Linguistic Project Manager is to consult with Natural Language Understanding Researchers on creating guidelines and setting standards for a variety of NLP projects and manage the work of a team of junior linguists to achieve high quality data output.
– Training, managing and overseeing the work of a team of junior linguists
– Creating guidelines for semantic, syntactic and morphological projects
– Evaluating and analyzing data quality
– Consulting with researchers and engineers on the development linguistic databases
– Native-level speaker of target language and fluent in English
– Advanced degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics with experience in semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
– Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in natural language processing
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Good organizational skills
– Previous project management and people management experience
– Some programming language; previous experience working in a Linux environment a plus
Project Duration: 9-12 months (with potential for extension)
This is not a permanent position but a contract position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States if applying for a US postion.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with “Analytical Linguistic Project Manager [language]” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)