[Offre diffusée sur la liste linguistlist par Google le 24 septembre 2013]
University or Organization: Google
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
Web Address: https://www.google.com/
Job Title: Speech Linguistic Project Manager – Speech Research
Job Rank: Project Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology; Semantics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Speech Linguistic Project Manager
As a Linguistic Project Manager and a native-level speaker of English, you will oversee and manage all work related to achieving high data quality for speech projects in your own language.
You will be based in London, managing a team of Data Evaluators and working on a number of projects towards Speech research: ASR, TTS, and NLP.
– Training, managing and overseeing the work of your team
– Creating verbalisation rules, such as expanding URLs, email addresses, numbers
– Creating annotation conventions
– Evaluating data quality
– Providing expertise on pronunciation and phonotactics
– Working with QA tools according to given guidelines and using in-house tools
– Native-level speaker of English
– Must have attended elementary school in the country where the language is spoken
– Keen ear for phonetic nuances and attention to detail; knowledge of the language’s phonology
– Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in current speech, mobile and online technology
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Good organizational skills
– Previous project management and people management experience
– Previous experience with speech/NLP-related projects a plus
– Advanced degree in Linguistics preferred; experience with Computational Linguistics a plus
– Also a plus: proficiency with HTML, XML, and some programming language; previous experience working in a Linux environment
Project Duration: 6-11 months (with potential for extension)
This is not a permanent position but a contract position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the UK for any employer.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with “Speech Linguistic Project Manager British English” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)