[ Offre difusée sur la liste firstname.lastname@example.org]
Type de contrat : CDD
Lieu : Orsay, laboratoire LIMSI-CNRS
Domaine : linguistics, computer science
Spécialité : NLP (traitement automatique des langues)
A post-doctoral position in Natural Language Processing is open in the
Laboratoire d’Informatique pour la Mécanique et les Sciences de
l’Ingénieur (LIMSI-CNRS http://www.limsi.fr/) in Orsay, France.
The position is part of a 4-year ANR Grant addressing Natural Language
Processing of Clinical Texts in French for Translational Bioinformatics.
The successful candidate will participate in cutting-edge research to
establish the framework for the extraction and analysis of medical
information from clinical documents in French.
The postdoctoral fellow will work in the stimulating environment of a
leading computer science research lab with established collaborations
with major French hospitals.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Ph.D. in Computer Science or Biomedical Informatics with a focus on
Natural Language Processing or Computational Linguistics. Candidates
with a PhD in Linguistics and interest or experience with the
biomedical domain will also be considered.
* Strong publication record.
* Ability to work in a collaborative environment, with a strong
commitment to achieving research goals.
* Fluent French and English, strong oral and written communication
* Solid programming skills.
Knowledge of ontologies and terminologies in the biomedical domain is a
* Application deadline: November 25
* Starting date: Spring 2014
* Duration: 1 year, renewable depending on performance
* Salary: €22,800 – €28,800 p.a. depending on experience
* Benefits: LIMSI offers a generous benefit package including health
insurance and 44 days vacation p.a.
* a cover letter
* a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
* the names and contact information of at least two referees to Aurélie
Névéol (email@example.com) and Pierre Zweigenbaum (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or
come forward at CLEF or AMIA 2013.
LIMSI is a laboratory of the French National Center for Research (CNRS),
a leading research institution in Europe. LIMSI is associated with two
universities, the University of Paris-Sud, on the grounds of which it is
located, and the University Pierre et Marie Curie, through a historical
association with the mechanical engineering department.
LIMSI is a multi-disciplinary research unit that covers a number of
fields from thermodynamics to cognition, encompassing fluid mechanics,
energetics, acoustic and voice synthesis, spoken language and text
processing, vision, visualisation and perception, virtual and augmented
LIMSI hosts about 200 researchers, professors, research support staff
and graduate students. It is located in a green area about 30 minutes
south of Paris.