|Category:||International Content Management|
Temporary French Language Editor
Founded in 2002, Big Fish is the world’s largest producer of casual games; dedicated to bringing engaging entertainment to everyone, anywhere, on any device. Through its proprietary, data-driven platform, millions of consumers seeking engaging entertainment easily discover and play PC and mobile games created by Big Fish’s network of more than 600 development partners and its in-house Big Fish Games Studio. The company has distributed more than 2 billion games from a growing catalog of 3,000+ unique PC games and 300+ unique mobile games, and offers cross-platform streaming games via its proprietary universal cloud gaming service, Big Fish Unlimited. Big Fish’s games are played in more than 150 countries on a wide variety of devices across 10 languages. The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with regional offices in Oakland, CA; Cork, Ireland; Vancouver, Canada; and Luxembourg.
As a French Language Editor, you will work directly with our French Lead Language Editor in a rapidly changing environment to ensure the quality of a large volume of new game titles for our French web portal http://www.bigfishgames.fr. Your responsibilities will be, but are not limited to, editing and proofing game content as well as ensuring that linguistic quality adheres to our high standards and guidelines. You excel at handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment – all with the goal of furthering the company’s international growth and success. Additionally, you have a passion for linguistics and Big Fish products; you love to take on new challenges and are eager to join an agile, fun, and culturally diverse team that is on the forefront of casual gaming.
- Edit existing localized game content and file bug reports following the company’s guidelines and processes
- Maintain multiple projects at once while handling short release cycles and tight deadlines
- Translate and proofread games and a variety of texts for Big Fish French Portal
- Work with Lead Editor to make recommendations for site improvements
- Handle additional projects for the French Lead Language Editor as needed
Skills, experience and educational requirements:
- Associate’s degree or language/linguistic field degree preferred
- Must be fluent in English and French (French Native Tongue strongly preferred)
- Great attention to detail and passionate about the French language
- Experience working with Java, Flash, Notepad ++, or Director games is also a plus
- 6+ months experience working as a game tester preferred
- Ability to be a team player who works well in a culturally diverse environment while shining as an individual and maintaining a sense of humor
- Excellent computer skills and MS Office Suite knowledge
- Passion for casual games a must
*Please submit your cover letter in French!
This is a temporary contract position.
Pour répondre à l’offre : http://www.bigfishgames.com/company/position.html?nl=1&jvi=odJgXfwT,Job&jvs=Indeed&jvk=Job