Oracle – computational linguist
Location : Bucharest (Romania)
TheOracle RightNow Virtual Assistant delivers contextual, interactive engagementsthat draw from relevant information and result in rich, seamless interactionsthat build trust and loyalty. More opportunities are generated because VirtualAssistant moves beyond answering questions by understanding customer intent toprovide deeper engagements not typically associated with self-service.
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is hiring Software Engineers with experience in NLP development and advanced scripting and object-oriented programming skills to automate language resource creation and build toolsets for the Oracle RightNow Virtual Assistant product (voice-enabled question/answer). This role is a full-time position (40 hours/week) and will be based in Bucharest, with occasional travel to Amsterdam, The Netherlands, where the alpha team is located.
We are seeking high energy individuals with leadership skills, who are motivated by teamwork, and thrive on articulating solutions within a group context. You are 100% solutions-oriented, and interested in driving process and pushing deliverables across multiple functional areas, actively building relationships with key stakeholders across projects. We operate across time zones in a flexible work environment, so your flexibility is key to your success in this role. If teamwork, energy and a passion for driving efficiencies through automation define who you are and how you work, we want to hear from you!
1. Demonstrated experience automating language resource creation (grammars, dictionaries, ontologies)
2. Significant experience developing tools and process for automatic named entity recognition
3. Significant experience in industrial R&D
4. Team player with proven skills around triaging issues and problem solving with key stakeholders across multiple projects
5. Proven track record in NLP development
6. Demonstrated experience as a technical lead (line management experience is ideal) for a team of NLP developers or engineers developing for product lines informed by NLP technologies.
1. Native or near-native English
2. Advanced skills in common scripting languages (python, perl)
3. Object oriented programming (java, C++)
Nice to have:
4. Background in Speech technologies
5. Interest or experience in the mobile space
6. Advanced proficiency in one or more of the non-Latin 1 languages (Eastern European, CJK. Semitic)
7. Agile Scrum experience
Pour répondre à l’offre : https://irecruitment.oracle.com/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?page=/oracle/apps/irc/candidateSelfService/webui/VisVacDispPG&akRegionApplicationId=821&transactionid=143608355&retainAM=Y&addBreadCrumb=S&p_svid=2102417&p_spid=2154740&oapc=18&oas=j-RHzWQ-QWW50EBIxVD3Gg..